Friday, September 15, 2006

The parasitic mass

The ultimate description of evil is that which needs to control. At least that is my ultimate description. For as long as I can remember, the world and my mind has attempted to control me, to put me in my place. But that is childs play compared to the relentless fire wheel known as my mind. It takes one act of evil outside to begin the process of evil within. Or vice versa. And the nuclear device known as my mind begins its action of using me. On certain days in particular, and I cannot predict when, it is suffocating. I no longer blame the realities of the world for my insanity. What I do blame, however, is the parasitic mass known as my ego. The ego I refer to is an automated machine thats sole purpose is to possess and control me. Once it has done so, it then chops me into little pieces then reconstructs me once again to chop me up into little pieces over and over again. It's main goal is to kill and resurrect me so that it can grow forever. It's ultimate aim is to overthrow God. By overthrowing God it separates me from myself, my ultimate reality, and removes the spiritual essence of my existence: my peace of mind.

When this mental ordinance is used, I am assaulted and see the world and its environs as a hostile entity. My only recourse is to save myself by hiding or running or fighting back. The damage, of course, is that I am running from that which is not real. But it uses a fabrication of reality to dupe me into obeying it. It is not only within, it is without. It is both a mental projection and a very material essence. It exists through mentation as well as human evil in the physical world. It is joined at the hip, as it were.

When I am "assaulted" I find that I have only one solution: God. However, my God contact is very often inaccesable to me depending on my spiritual condition. There are days when my God presence has been severely compromised. When this happens, the furies proactively increase their intentional energy to convince me of my essential limitation as a finite, cut off entity whose life is totally meaningless and is also responsible for the ills and foibles of the world. I then shut down completely and withdraw into a shell of ivory. Do not enter is my sign for the day.

People who are not concious simply cannot understand what occurs in someone who is become enlightened. They haven't a clue as to what goes on in the surrender process. They haven't a whimper of an idea of the agony of getting right sized from the illness of the ego, the ISM. Those with the disease, particularly those who are in recovery, are the only ones who can fully grasp the enormity of what it means to enter an unconcious world on a daily basis with innocence and vulnerability intact. Evils (egos) entire trip is to control those who are being set free.

It is not a one way deal. Turning it over means getting free for a while and then being brought back again. Laughing at the seriousness of the world and then believing I am responsible for it. It is a dance on a fire pit. That is why the aboriginal peoples of the world have such wisdom. They have integrated the madness of this dilemma, this untenable position of the human animal, and have built a soul from the shards of the broken pillars.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tony Forkush said...

I took all of twenty four hours to go from complete elation to absolute crushing despair again. After the rousing, historic finish of the night before, the Dodgers forgot about a man who has all the motivation in the world to want to beat them: former manager Jim Tracy and his new and improved Pirates. They came into the ravine and absolutely crushed the Dodgers.

The Padres, on the other hand, were completely unfazed by the previous nights affairs. They very calmly took care of business by beating the D-Backs 5-2 to leapfrog the Dodgers back into first place yet again.

That other team from the city of brotherly love continues to win and now is only one game behind the Dodgers in the wild card.

The Dodgers inability to play consistent baseball will be their downfall, I predict. Especially when they arrive in San Francisco to face a team that is going nowhere but has history on its side. Over and over again one or the other has knocked the other out of the playoffs and this year the Giants are in that spoiler role.

If, and that is the biggest if I can muster, if the Dodgers make the postseason I believe they will be a factor. But all indicators tell me that they will come up short and all the magic and exuberation will be a faded memory only to be highlighted on ESPN classic for a night.

Your friend in faithlessness,
Tony

8:00 AM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

Well, Billingsley stepped up big time last night. And the Dodger bullpen got right with itself. We also had some breaks go our way. The Padres somehow found a way to beat Brandon Webb, the Cy Young candidate from Arizona. But at least we remain a half game back and a half game up in the wild card.

One team is going to get their heart ripped out form it's chest before this is all said and done. And it just feels like a set up for it to be the Dodgers at the hands of the hated ones in SF.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

Nomar Garciaparra is PROOF POSITIVE that God exists! What he has done this week has shown me once again how little (get it?)faith I have. How quickly I turn to disaster and give up. In Baseball, more than all other sports combined, the impossible is possible. And the Dodgers, more than any team in memory, have been the impossible team over and over again. This season is astonishing! They have given this city so much. And I mean so much of everything: hope, exasperation, fear, faith, elation, resignation and triumph.

I can't say if this team will even make it. But the mark of a champion is heart foremost and always. You got to have talent and leadership but heart is the single most valuable assest for a team. Even in losing.

Thank you Tommy Lasorda. And a happy 79th birthday. I feel the Dodgers coming back to life after a long long slumber.

Take care Michael. Don't give up. "Never give up. Never surrender".
-Galaxy Quest.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

Well, my friend, we are in a flat footed tie with Phily for the wild card. it looks like the west has been lost. But don't be so sure. Chris Carpenter goes tonight and the Cards are in a must win situation as well because, as you mentioned, the Astros are breathing right up their asses. Plus, of all the Jamie Bozian things you can imagine, the Reds are only 3 and a half games out. So the Cards better get their shit together and fast or they may be toast.

That being said, we are forgetting that the real key is the Dodgers have to take care of their own business, which has seemed almost impossible this month. Nothing they do surprises me anymore. They may run the table or lose every single game this week and be an after thought.

I really appreciate your seeing the bigger picture about this team. I too have gotten caught up in the winner take all philosophy of our time. If that were the case back in the 50's, then "Dem Bums" would never have been so lovable. O'Malley would have probably gotten rid of Jackie Robinson as well. What people also don't realize is that Nomar's grand salami on Sunday may in fact have been his very last at bat as a Dodger, believe it or not. That would be terribly sad. But he gaves us a hell of a year!

Your buddy,
Tony

8:03 AM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

Jerry: LOL!!!!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home