Tuesday, December 16, 2008





Blogger JamieB. said...

For the love of Christ, Pascoe. IT'S ALL MOTHERFUCKING CAPS from Forky so come out of the desert, goddamnit!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Michael Pascoe said...

I'll be glad to see you this weekend. I have had finals this week so I have been busy. Must share with you what happen. Of course, it had to funny. It couldn't be normal.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

Michael, give me a call so we can discuss this potential trip. Or let me know when I can phone you. I have my cell phone with me.It would not be this weekend, it would be this Sunday through next Friday that I would come out. I wanted to get some idea of your schedule and see if you are off work or have time to hang.

Call me dude, or write.

8:05 AM  
Blogger JamieB. said...

Shit, I want to know what happened to Pasky. And I wish Forky was trying to ALL CAP his way into my house for the holidays. Have fun, guys. And make sure, Pasky, you get Forkush his Peppermint Schnapps. He likes any brand.
Merry Christmas, Happy Octagonic Festival of Judaica and much love from Jamie B.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

Thanks Jaime!

And Merry Kugel.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Michael Pascoe said...

You wanted to know, so here goes.

Where do I start?

This was the week that was. To set up this story, I am going back to school so I can get a better job. I am majoring in graphic arts. I love it as I love to draw. This semester I have this teacher that doesn’t like anything anyone does. He especially doesn’t like anything I do. I try to chime in to keep conversations going in class, as my wife puts it, a teachers dream, and yet he ignores me.

We had finals last week and I had so much work to hand in. With working as well as not having the computer programs installed on my computer, it was a very stressful week. The teacher said that to concentrate on the final, he will give us the weekend to turn in our assignments. Wow, this will be good. I think I can do that.

Wednesday was the day I chose to take the final. The damn teacher talked all of the way through it. I had to reread the questions about five times each. This ran me over my allotted time. Plus, I had to get to work.

Then to make matters worse, I work fourteen hours on Friday with the two jobs I have. So I was not able to get to a computer to finish my homework. I planned on getting to the computer lab Saturday morning at eight in the morning which would give me an hour before the teacher would come in.

I got up at 7:30 and threw on my clothes and ran down to the college. I live about twenty minutes away and would be there just in time just before the lab will open. I was a mile away from the school when much to my chagrin, traffic came to a halt. The powers that be shut the road on my side of the street for road construction. Now the other side of the road is open. Now why didn’t they let us go on there?

No, they detoured us. It took me fifteen to go one mile. I was stressed out.

I finally got there and it took me three hours to finish the project. I didn’t think it would take me that long. But finish I did. I quickly went to the classroom and miracle of miracles, he was still there giving tests. Whew.

I went to hand it to him and remembered that I needed a cover sheet for the projects. So I asked him if I needed one. He said, “If you want to present it properly to me.” I didn’t ask that. I just wanted to know if I had to hand it in.

I won’t go into detail about that, so I’ll segue to handing the damn projects to him. There were two people in front of me doing the same thing. He took ten minutes per pupil going over their projects. When he got to me, he said that he needed to go over a few things with me so I had to wait.

So I waited and waited and waited as he took each student in front of me. Then new students got in line and he took them too. I could hear the wind whipping through the building from outside. Then more students got in line and he ignored me once again. Mind you I haven’t eaten yet because I thought I would be home by then. Good thing I brought fruit.

Finally, after an hour and a half, he was going to go over my projects. He clicked on my file on his computer when all of a sudden… the lights went out. I kid you not. The power came back on and it took him ten minutes to reboot. Then just when he did, it went out again. Another ten minutes of rebooting when… of course it went out once more.

This happened over and over again.

When he did go over my assignments, he ripped me a new one. He didn’t like anything. At this point I didn’t care. I just wanted out. Then he got to my last item. He was on the last page when the power went out again. Instead of finishing with me and let me go, he sat there and did a comedy routine about there must be a conspiracy and so on and so forth. Meanwhile, I was just staring at that last page, willing him to finish.

After six hours of pure torture, he finally let me go.

And sure enough, when I got outside the wind was horrible. But that was nothing compared to what happened to us this week.

I thought it was hectic with finals, then this snow storm hit. We have never had anything like this is in over thirty years. Yesterday, it snowed eight inches in Henderson where I work. This morning I bravely get up and drove to work. Everything was going fine. I was a half a mile away from getting to my exit for work, when the traffic came to a stop. They shut the freeway down and everyone was exiting my exit. It took me 25 minutes to get here, but I made it in one piece.

So, you asked and I answered.

Hope Tony can make it here.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

Hey Michael,
Thanks for the story. Wow! But, hey, you got through it okay. That's the miracle, not what happens to us. I have really come to believe that.

Please, e-mail me your cell phone so I can reach you when I get into town. Will you have it at work Tuesday night, or should I call you on Wednesday at some point. I will leave you my contact info as well.

Can't wait.
Bringing long undies.

4:30 PM  
Blogger DNDeMattia said...

How come nobody visits me? It's so cold and lonely up here.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home