Sunday, July 12, 2009

Here's to you Jamie B.


Dodgers 7 - Brewers 4

As the first half of the season ends, (predictable opening salvo), I am putting away the aggravation cap and letting out a big belch of relief. I can only say: what a ballclub!

Bravo! Here's to the best team in Major League Baseball!

In spite of my mishugas, the full blown reality of '09 is that we have just witnessed the most impressive first half performance from the best Dodger team in three decades. Congrats to everyone involved.

However, of all the amazing stats and stories of this team, I think the one that jumps out at me right now is that the Los Angeles Dodgers are currently the best road team in major league baseball. We know how wonderful the team has been at home (a little more human in the last month at the ravine), but the fact that they now have a better road record than the Phillies is beyond incredible. The other mind blowing stat is their not having lost three in a row, the only team to have prevented that from happening. Grind city baby.

No one knows what the future brings (except maybe Frank and Jamie), but if somehow we get an ace guy, whether an Oswalt, Peavy, Lee or, in the best of possible worlds, Halladay, the Dodgers will be in the equation to the bitter end, and though they might stumble before the finish line, the opposing teams will have to go through the 7th circle of hell to beat them.

4 Comments:

Blogger JamieB. said...

You're making sense for once. Know that I never wanted the job as your baseball therapist, it just fell into my lap.
Maybe something totally Israeli will happen and blow all this sports shit to bits like them attacking an Iran facility. Then you could turn the corner jaggedly like a motherfucker like you did re: Michael Jackson, going from attending would be a life changer to this is an abomination. I know all your fucking moves and I can say anything I want on this side of the atmosphere. See, I have an actual business to run whereas this blog is...I don't even know what this is, Tony. Pascoe has written me several private notes as to whom he's leaning towards, not that I'm saying, "hey, you heard it here first."

4:19 PM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

My ego is skewered again.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Michael Pascoe said...

On a lighter note, Kim Jong Il is ill. Let's hope he doesn't decide to blow up the world before he croaks.

8:27 AM  
Blogger JamieB. said...

I hope the North Korean dies.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home