Thursday, March 08, 2007

Help me Sai Baba!




Help me Sai Baba, oh great master, to let go of the rage and resentments I feel each moment of the day. Help me, oh all loving god, to let go of this suffocating impulse to get revenge on all the people who I perceive as hurting me. Help me, Sri Sathya Sai Baba, to move past an eye for an eye field of energy, to a loving and sympathetic heart. Bring me kindness where there is only blind fury. Let me rest, my beloved, so that I can join with you in the fullness of Amrita, the nectar of immortality. Save me from the fear of darkness, not the darkness itself. Lift me up from the mud of death to the exalted eternal light/color/archetype of the Black Madonna. Change my heart from the personal to the impersonal. Help me to know what is another's journey from my own. Help me, Siddhi Sai Baba, to remove the ego from my life, to cast it back into the fires of Mount Doom, where it will melt forever into a shadow that casts its ash on my psyche, revealing to me the fullness of my soul. Help me to "mean" love in my heart, not merely to act with restraint. The acting of restraint is merely violence turned inward. Bless me with the grace of empathy, sympathy, pardon and pure love. I am too wilfull, Sai Baba, to release these impulses alone. I choose to hold onto them for they make me feel a sense of power, even though it be false. You are the real power. I need you to guide me from my destruction to the beauty of liberation and compassion.
More compassion.
More compassion.
More compassion.

Save me from myself my sadguru. Before it is too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home