Sunday, June 22, 2008

Comedian tested limits of speech and society

This story was sent to you by: tforkush@juno.com

Truly one of the kings of comedy. May he Rest in Peace, that old shit, piss, motherfucker, tits, cocksucker, ass, and cunt master.

--------------------
Comedian tested limits of speech and society
--------------------

He gained notoriety for his 'seven dirty words,' but his incisive commentaries were as clever as they were vulgar.

By Rich Connell and Jason Song
Los Angeles Times Staff Writers

June 22 2008, 11:29 PM PDT

George Carlin, the acerbic, Grammy-winning comedian whose career spanned more than 50 years, died of heart failure Sunday evening after being admitted to the hospital complaining of chest pains, his spokesman said. He was 71.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-carlin23-2008jun23,0,4144791.story


Visit latimes.com at http://www.latimes.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael Pascoe said...

Yeah, I was going to email you when I saw that the master has died. I wonder what they’ll say at his funeral being that he did an entire bit on it. It’s easy to say that George Carlin got laughs out of shock. It’s easy to say that he was only funny because he said things we can’t. It’s easy to say that because he did all of those things. But, anyone that would say that, hasn’t really studied the man.

When I was younger, like everyone, thought he was funny. But, we all say bathroom humor. What made this guy so funny? Then like everyone else, I tried to do George Carlin jokes. I’d occasionally go back to the album to see if I got it right. What I noticed shocked me. He was a master comedian. His timing was brilliant. Of course because he was so nutty, we did not think that he was a real comedian. He knew how to say the right thing at the correct time. He had all of the techniques.

I learned comedy from him. I didn’t copy his words, but learned how to pause and all of the important things. Between him and Jack Benny, I have learned that comedy is in the delivery. Even though he didn’t teach me in person, he was my mentor.

I guess now he’ll find out of Jesus brought the pork chops.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

Touche, michael.

11:15 AM  
Blogger JamieB. said...

Richard Pryor and George Carlin are my two comedic heroes and they're both gone now (not to go Jim McKay or anything.)

8:13 PM  
Blogger Michael Pascoe said...

I loved Pryor too. For some reason those two could get away with saying anything. Anyone else I would get angry for too much profanity.

I will miss them.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Michael Pascoe said...

Well Hallelujah and pass the ammo the Dodgers beat the Angels. I'm glad the Halo's are four games up, because this won't hurt them and the Dodgers need every win they can get.

Let's hope this streak continues. (Oops, I jinx it.)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home