Sunday, August 17, 2008

Instant Insanity, Dodger style win 7-5 over Brew Crew





It is 11:30pm and I just finished watching the Tivo'd version of "The Dodgers flew over the Cuckoo's Nest". My neighbors must be seriously concerned about my well being at this point. The babbling, incoherent rants that have been coming out of my apartment for almost two straight weeks now have literally reached their zenith. Finally, I thought, a rational, NORMAL baseball game with a one two three out ending the ninth, right?

Are you fracking kidding?

ARE YOU FRACKING KIDDING ME? WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE LORD IS GOING ON HERE?

Never in my entire life have I witnessed the madness of the past two weeks, again starting with the Ludwick homer in St. LU to the ghastly double horror in SF, to the unreal sweep, dos walkoff style, against the phils, to the nightmare of Saturday, and NOW THE BANANAS OF TODAY. MY GOD IN HEAVEN. HAVE YOU NO MERCY?

Honestly, I don't have the nerves for this psychosis. Up and down, and up and down, and in and out, and who is up and who is out and oh no I can't believe it they lost NO THEY WON and Ethier and Kemp and Broxton and Kuo and OH NO and OH YES....Cuckooo Cuckoo Cuckoo.

I can't possibly be the only one going bonkers over this stuff. I know its not just my perception. This really, truly has been the weirdest most impossible set of games in recent memory.

Can it possibly get any weirder? I guess if the Blue were to win it all. I could be watching it from the Kaiser Mental Hospital in Chinatown.

Where are my meds?

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Pascoe said...

Come on Tony, this is Dodger baseball. You’re a Dodger fan, you can’t possibly be surprised. I can never ever remember any season going smooth. They are the true cardiac kids. After what the Lakers have been through and now this, I guess I am now numb.

Yeah, the Lakers had the best record in the west. But for a good part of the year we didn’t even know if they had the mettle to win it all. Then the trades happened and things seemed better then the injuries and the doubts.

The Dodgers are in a different position because this is baseball. Not everyone makes the playoffs. Yes, I will be happy if they make the playoffs, but they have been turkeys in the fall classics since Lasorda left. We need to make some noise.

If the Dodgers can make some kind of run, anything can happen. But, they mustn’t wait too long.

Madness? I have already gone berserk years ago. I feel like I am in some kind of surreal Quentin Tarantino film. I’m going to wake up and it’s 1988 and Kirk Gibson is hitting a home in the first game of the 1988 World Series. Somehow it all makes sense because after all it is a Tarantino film.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home