Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Is God for me or against me? You make the call.



Time Warner Cable Misses Manny Homer.

LA Observed article regarding Time Warner missing Manny Ramirez's historic homer

This is one of the most outrageous snafus in the history of sports. Perhaps the biggest home run of the season, the loudest perhaps since Gibson in terms of fan noise, and my cable went down like a bad whore. Nothing but black on the screen as Manny was standing in the on-deck circle, and then several commercials, then back to the Dodger game with Manny in the dugout after the grand slam homer, missing everything.
Half the damn city missed this moment. I had Time Warner technicians at my house all day long and now I find out that it is a problem with the signal in different parts of the city. So typical! So utterly disgusting! Once again, Dodger Tony misses the party.

I have never seen Manny play live. Finally on May 7th I had tickets to see him at Dodger Stadium and that was the night he was suspended. I have written about this over and over on this blog. To miss THIS moment on top of my devastating bad luck on May 7th is too much to handle. I am a recovering alcoholic whose life is not much to brag about at the moment. I am seriously contemplating a huge giant bottle of Jack and a lovely handful of vicodin. However, anyone who has struggled with getting sober knows that there are incredible initiations which every single sober person must go through SOBER. I will not let these disappointments drag me back to drinking again. NO WAY. Its not worth it. This has been one of the worst years of my life in terms of disappointments, in spite of the greatness of this Dodger year. This missed homer tonight is just about the cherry on top. Plus, I tried to get a ticket to the game tonight and couldn't

Time to get real grateful for the really important things in life. Maybe that's the real lesson here.

Shattering!

2 Comments:

Blogger JamieB. said...

Sorry, cock breath, wasn't meant to be.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

Similar to your having hope for your baseball team for the rest of your life.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home