Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A Starr is born.




I happened by accident (is there ever an accident?) to have the Soundscapes channel on my digital cable and one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have heard in years played. The song was called "Common Places" by an artist named Starr Parodi from the CD of the same name. I was instantly moved beyond words. In the past few months I have heard three musical statements that have touched my soul deeply: Mychael Danna's soundtrack to the film "Water", Maneesh De Moor's CD "Sadhana" with the incredibly haunting piano piece "Pure Essence", and as of tonight Starr Parodi's "Common Places". The emotion in Starr's playing reminds me of the depth of my late mother Barbara's piano playing. Memories of those I have loved and lost pour into me and I am touched by that longing (en Espanol "Anello")that reminds us of our eternality. Shades of George Winston, Bruce Hornsby, and Keith Jarrett.
What beauty! Thank you.
Om Sai Ram, Om Shanti Shanti Shanti.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home