Monday, March 27, 2006

The tragedy of designation

Any time I identify myself by a designation, I dehumanize myself and others. I create separation where there is no separation. Once I place an adverb after "I am" (I am this or I am that), then I am placing untrue limits on my identity. When I define myself as such an adverb, I create division within myself and my neighbor. This is the ultimate cause of suffering and war on this planet. This is the cause of misery and untold pain on the planet. As soon as I begin to simply state "I AM" without the prison of the adverb, I planet the seeds of freedom by recognizing my simple beingness. Any designation is not who I really am. This is the only portal to recognition of my true identity. I can not say who I AM, except that I AM. But I can say who I AM NOT. In that dialogue I begin to disolve the Maya and feel my actual state of oneness with all that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home