Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tonights Dodger game from San Fran: skip it.

Turned the game off in the first with the Dodgers down 4 to 0 and a completely unhittable Tim Lincecum on the mound. See you tomorrow night.

Best pitcher in baseball.

A number of things had to happen sequentially tonight I believe for the Dodgers to have a chance to beat Tim Lincecum. First off, they needed to have a productive top of the first. All three balls were hit on the nail but somehow found their way into the gloves of the Giants. As soon as I saw that, and Lincecum got out of that top of the first having made all of five pitches, or something like that, I knew that we were in massive trouble.

Secondly, it was imperative that Stults have a solid game. Remember, this is one of the worst offenses in baseball in the Giants. They are at the bottom of the league in almost every offensive category. As soon as Stults began to make his pitches I could see there was going to be no chance for us to win tonight. I even wonder if Torre, knowing that, rested Kemp. After Lewis made out, it was a merry go round of Giant hitters. This is what Eric Stults is. The matchup was a mismatch tonight and the Dodgers, under any ordinary circumstance would have enormous difficulty beating this man. After going down by 4 it was mail it in time, see you tomorrow San Diego.

First round knockout, as I suspected.

12 Comments:

Blogger JamieB. said...

God, that "Queer Eye For the Giant's Guy" thing is funny.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Michael Pascoe said...

Yeah, where did you get that from?

7:53 AM  
Blogger Michael Pascoe said...

The Dodgers made up those four runs. Unfortunately, they also let five more runs go by in the process. Can’t let games against easy teams get away.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

Actually, it really is the matchup that is problematic historically for the Dodgers. The Giants and Dodgers have played 72 one run games, the most of any team in history. I'm not sure when that dates back to. But every Dodger/Giant game is tough. You can throw out which team is the better team overall. It is Ali/Frazier. I am happy that Joe Torre finally gets some kind of look at how intense this thing can be.

The SF pitching staff (starters) are amazing! I just don't think you are going to get a full quality season from both RJ and BZ. If somehow they do, and Cain and Sanchez are successful, then they can be a force in the division, even with their faggotry at home plate.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

furthermore, I predict the Dodgers will win 10 of their next 13 at home in this home stand. Remember, the Dodgers have played only 6 games at home and SIXTEEN games on the road already. Home cooking will light a big fire under their butts.

Looks like pitching changes will be going on soon with Weaver and probably Eric Milton coming up from Albuquerque. Elbert sent down to AA and Stults taken out behind the barn and shot.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

I didn't even mention Lincecum in the Giants pitching discussion as that goes without saying. Although I do have some question if he can remain healthy the way he violently hurdles himself off the mound.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Michael Pascoe said...

I remember watching a game on tv when I was a kid and I was thinking to myself that the game seemed to be kind of calm for a Dodger/Giant game. Then a few innings later, all hell broke loose.

Such is the Dodger/Giant rivalry.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Michael Pascoe said...

I am pissed! Ever since the Dodgers broke their affiliation with Las Vegas 51’s, I can’t get the Dodger game on the radio. I think throughout my life, I have listened to more games than I have watched. Even though I no longer live in L.A. I use take comfort in hearing Chick Hearn and Vin Scully’s voice.

Now, Chick is dead and I can’t get Dodger baseball here anymore. My life is sure miserable.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Tony Forkush said...

Dodgers.com has every game on their website. You have to pay for it but, hey, are you a man or a mouse?

1:22 PM  
Blogger Michael Pascoe said...

I'm talking about when I am driving. Can't get the internet while I'm driving.

2:04 PM  
Blogger JamieB. said...

Everyone has the internet while they're driving, Pascoe. What do you, live in the desert? All cars in Los Angeles have internet pods in their dashboards. Are you poor or something? With this chip in my testicles I get three HBO's. That means everywhere.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Michael Pascoe said...

Yeah, I am poor. The average wage earners in Vegas make about 8 dollars an hour. And now they are cutting pay.

I did watch the Dodger game at home on Fox Sports West. Nice to hear Vin describe that great extra inning win with Either's walk off single.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home