Thursday, January 26, 2006

Fw: life's weirdness



---------- Forwarded Message ----------
It is just amazing to me to fully admit that I could be as unliked as
I am by so many different people in the world. It is also just as
amazing how liked I am by other people. What in god's name are people
seeing who both like and dislike me? Those who dislike me are seeing
the same actions I perform as those who like me. What in God's name
is going on here? And, more importantly, why do I give it so much
credence.
That's a really good question. It is unfathomable to me that anyone
couldn't like me. I have set up my entire life in order for people to
like me. And when they don't, and believe me they don't, I just can't
stand it. I just can't stand me for doing things which make them
dislike me. Especially when I don't do anything to make them feel
this way. So, the truth is I have to change myself to make every
single person like me the way I need them to. How do I do that? You
see the silliness here. 
What other people think of me is not my business. It is God and my
business. I have heard that term over and over and have no idea how
to implement that sage bit of advice. It seems that people will see
exactly what they need to see in order to feel okay. That applies to
both camps. My job is to stay connected to my higher power and
remember that it is his love that matters. His way is the way. Those
who need to control me, man oh manoshevitz, god bless them. Those who
love me. Well, thank god for them too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony Forkush said...

Mr Pascoe. God bless you for your comments. They are exactly what I needed to hear. I am in such a strange place with all of this. And my job has brought me into direct contact with that insecure part of myself. I see how quickly I jump when people attempt to control me. But I am getting better. You know how I can tell? Because they don't like me anymore. But those who do like me for my being who I am are my true friends. Like you.
Your friend,
Tony (Mr. 81 points).

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home